6th Cavalry Museum

 

6th cavalry

The 6th Cavalry Museum preserves the rich military history of the “Fighting Sixth” Cavalry, stationed at The Post at Fort Oglethorpe 1919 – 1942. The story of the 6th Cavalry is illustrious, beginning in 1861 as a U.S. Cavalry Regiment to present day. Located on the Post’s original parade ground/polo field, the area is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, surrounded by officer’s homes and other Post buildings. Visited by presidents, military heroes and celebrities, the museum houses artifacts, uniforms, weapons, accoutrements, photos, and vehicles.

The 6th Cavalry Museum is the home grounds for the Mountain City Club of Chattanooga and the Lightfoot Club of Chattanooga.

Ground Rules:

  • If a ball is overthrown into an inaccessible area or out of play, the runners will be allowed to advance one base.

Map:

Address:

6th Cavalry Museum
6 Barnhardt Circle
PO Box 2011
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
Phone: (706) 861-2860